TITLE II, PART AThe purpose of the Title II, Part A program is to provide professional development to principals, teachers and other school personnel that will improve teaching and learning in core academic subjects through effective strategies, methods and/or skills.PNP School Participation RequirementsTo improve teacher and principal quality, Private Nonprofit schools are given the opportunity to participate in eligible professional development services.To Generate the Campus Planning Allocation
- The PNP school must be located within the attendance boundaries of HISD.
- All students enrolled at the campus in grades PK4 - 12 grade are counted in order to apply the per pupil allocation.
- This process is completed annually.
Title II, Part A services are intended for the teachers, administrators, paraprofessionals and other instructional school personnel.To Receive Title II, Part A Services
- Campuses must complete a Campus Needs Assessment.
- All professional development must be proven per scientifically based research.
- The professional development should be sustainable by the school.
Eligible activities include:
– effective instructional teaching strategies, methods, or skills
– integrating technology into curricula and instruction
– teaching students with different needs, including students with disabilities or limited English proficiency, and G/T students
– methods of improving student behavior, identifying early and appropriate interventions, and involving parents
– use of data and assessment to improve instruction and student outcomes
– leadership development and management training
– all services to private school personnel must be secular, neutral, and non-ideological.
DOCUMENTS AND FORMS
To access the Catapult Learning/HISD Professional Development visit: http://www.catapultlearning.com/hisd-professional-development/
The Title II, Part A Professional Development Participation Form provides data regarding student enrollment for funding purposes. Campus planning allocations are based on this student data. Funding will allow teachers and educational personnel on the campus to participate in eligible professional development opportunities.
All out-of-state travel must be requested and approved by TEA prior to the event occurring. The Out-of-State Travel requests must be submitted for approval on this form. PNP schools must adhere to the designated submission dates established by the district.The Request for Approval of Participant Support is an additional form that must be submitted for out-of-state travel for any non-employee [non-district] costs that will be incurred using federal funds.