UT OnRamps dual enrollment will
continue with minor adjustments.Fall 2023 Student Self-Registration Coming Soon
OnRamps brings the college experience to the high school classroom, providing students their first college course experience. Earn College Credit for free in high school with UT OnRamps courses. Houston ISD provides access to UT OnRamps courses at some high schools.
OnRamps courses are designed by The University of Texas at Austin Faculty to replicate a rigorous, college-level learning experience and to meet postsecondary standards of quality, depth, and complexity. As a number of OnRamps courses are offered over a full year, the concepts that would typically be covered in one semester can be deeply developed over a longer period of time to promote student learning.
How OnRamps Works
- OnRamps students are enrolled in both a high school course led by a high school teacher and a distance college course led by a college instructor of record.
- Each OnRamps high school teacher is solely responsible for evaluating and awarding the student's grade.
- Each college instructor of record—approved by the University's associated academic department for each course—is solely responsible for evaluating and awarding the student's college grade.
- The number and type of assignments for the college course will vary based on the course. Each course syllabus will contain information specific to that course.
- Students can earn college credit in high school by passing the distance college course. Once a credit is earned, students can elect to accept or reject the college credit.
Search for Dual Enrollment campus and contact information
Search Dual Enrollment Courses By School
Director, Postsecondary Programming
Academics Program Manager, Postsecondary Programming (Dual Enrollment)
UT OnRamps Course Descriptions
Arts Entertainment Technologies