The Bond Oversight Committee is an independent citizens committee established to monitor the progress of the district's bond programs, ensuring that bond revenues are spent appropriately and evaluating risks and controls of the bond program via an independent and periodic report to the Superintendent, Board and general public.
The committee is composed of seven members, including building and construction professionals, community members and active HISD parents. Committee members are not compensated for their service to HISD, nor are they permitted to have active or pending contracts with the district.
The committee meets quarterly. The members are:
- Gusta Booker III, Community Development Director, GSM Uplift
- Michael G. Davis, real estate broker, Brooks & Davis Real Estate Firm, LLC, HISD parent
- Robert M. Eury, community development and nonprofit executive, Central Houston, Inc.
- D.V. “Sonny” Flores, engineering and construction management, PEC Corp.
- Craig Johnson, education advocate and HISD parent
- David J. Quan, attorney, and member of HISD's Asian Advisory Committee and Superintendent's Parent Advisory Committee
- Phoebe Tudor, community volunteer, philanthropist, and historic preservationist, HISD parent